At our Company, we are committed to be the premier, research-intensive biopharmaceutical company and are dedicated to providing leading innovations and solutions for today and the future. Our mission is to discover, develop and provide medicines and vaccines that save and improve lives around the world. We strive to transform breakthrough science into novel therapeutics and vaccines and our scientific curiosity drives us to invent solutions to some of the world's most challenging diseases. Many begin in our research laboratories, where we push the boundaries of science with the hope and expectation that the medicines and vaccines, we invent will lead to better health for society for generations to come.
In Singapore, our research center focuses on identifying and validating new drug targets, exploring innovative therapeutic modalities and leveraging clinical studies and patient–derived material to understand biomarkers of disease or therapeutic response to increase our understanding of human biology and to drive a therapeutic pipeline to address unmet medical needs. Our state-of-the-art laboratory supports discovery biology and translational medicine and is an integral part of our Company's world-class network for drug and vaccine discovery.
As an intern within our research laboratories, you will gain the opportunity to work with talented and dedicated scientists, learn from leading industry experts, gain exposure and professional experience working for a research-driven enterprise; and use your passion, creativity, knowledge and collaboration skills to find solutions to challenging problems in your day-to-day work
The department, Target and Pathway Biology is a part of Human Genetics and Pharmacogenomics group with the mission to identify and validate novel targets across various therapeutic areas based on human genetics in collaboration with multiple discovery biology units. These targets once validated will go into our Company pipeline.
What You Will Do
- Implements cell and molecular biology-based strategies to enhance the process of target identification and validation by leveraging genetics information and advanced technologies and methodologies to support molecular mechanism of action.
- Under general scientific and administrative direction, carries out research projects within department/section or across departments to develop and execute on research operating plans, new research and technology assessment proposals.
- Promotes the use of novel experimental approaches within own area including implementation of advanced laboratory equipment, design of robust scientific experiments and routinely investigates/creates innovative processes, hypotheses and methodologies.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Enrollment in an Undergraduate or Master’s program leading to a Degree in a Biomedical Sciences, Biological Sciences or Life Sciences-related discipline.
- Basic working knowledge in some of the laboratory-based methodologies such as molecular biology, protein or nucleic acid isolation, cell culture, Western blot, immunocytochemistry, quantitative plate-based detection methodologies, microscopy, mass spectrometry and flow cytometry.
- Keen to learn drug discovery research, disease biology and develop biomarker solutions to overcome challenges associated with drug discovery and development.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary for working in a highly collaborative, cross-functional working environment. Have a positive, proactive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of laboratory-based methodologies such as molecular biology, protein or nucleic acid isolation, cell culture, Western blot, immunocytochemistry, quantitative plate-based detection methodologies, imaging, microscopy, mass spectrometry, flow cytometry.
- Hands-on laboratory experience preferred.
- Strong interest in working in a research-intensive environment.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Have a positive, proactive, can-do attitude.
- Keen to learn and good team player.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Availability for 6 months in a full-time capacity preferred.
What We Look For:
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing for Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:18th Oct 2020, 6:00 pm