For more than a century, our Company has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, it continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
Our Singapore IT Hub:
Established in 2015, our Company’s Singapore IT Hub aims to harness digital solutions for better business outcomes. One of its key focuses is in using analytics and data science to guide better decision-making.
Home to more than 300 employees with over 20 nationalities, the Singapore IT Hub is part of a global network, with sister hubs located in the United States and Czech Republic. In Singapore, the hub houses a wide span of IT capabilities teams ranging from Data Science, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity & Risk Management to Enterprise Platforms and many more. Across Japan, China and the Asia Pacific region, the hub works closely with colleagues from all divisions of the company to drive our core business.
The Global Data Science Competency (GDSC) comprises approximately 120 diverse and high performing data science professionals located in three IT hubs in the United States, Prague, and Singapore. The GDSC brings advanced methods such as machine learning, statistical modelling, optimization, mathematical modelling, and data mining to the company both through consulting style projects and data product development.
The GDSC is a rapidly evolving organization specializing in applying data science across the company, with its current footprint ranging across domains such as Real-World Evidence, Manufacturing, Human Resources, Information Technology, Compliance, Market Research and Commercial.
Global Data Science Competency values are curiosity, quality, and collaboration. In Singapore, the Decision Sciences team focuses on data science consulting and decision support work underpinned with statistical inference and data modelling skills. The AI and Data Products team takes a product view on AI and automation technologies such as machine learning, NLP, machine vision and RPA. The team builds and deploys models and intelligent agents across the enterprise.
What You Will Do
As an Intern of Data Science team, you will be attached to a data science team – Decision Science Team. You will be provided a holistic experience of working alongside in a world class data science team with the following components over the course of the program:
- Assignment to live data exploration and/or modelling projects.
- Attachment to an enterprise level project or product deployment to experience data science in production.
- Attachment to distinct data science capability teams or customer facing teams to deepen domain knowledge.
- Responsibility for a part of the data science operations portfolio.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience working on data sets, and comfortable with cleaning “dirty” data – data wrangling.
- Ability to code in some programming languages such as R, Python and SQL, and verse in Excel.
- Some practical experience in building predictive models using statistical or machine learning methods, and building dashboards in tools such as Tableau, Spotfire or Qlik sense.
- Strong analytical abilities and communication skills are essential for this role, as well as passion for problem solving.
- Have genuine curiosity, an ethic of quality, and a mind-set of collaboration with others.
- Eager to self-learn and willingness to accept guidance from others.
- Education background in quantitative area preferred, such as Data Science/Computer Science/ Statistics/ Math/ Engineering.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing for Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
- Closing Date:20th Jul 2021, 6:00 pm