Our Company is an innovative, global healthcare leader that is committed to improving health and well-being around the world. Our product offering categories include oncology products, vaccines, infectious diseases and animal health. We continue to focus our research on conditions that affect millions of people around the world while expanding our strengths in areas like vaccines and biologics. We also devote extensive time and energy to increasing access to medicines and vaccines through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them.
Pharmaceutical Technical Operations (PTO) is part of our Manufacturing Division, where we deliver cost effective medicines and consumer healthcare products to patients around the world every day through innovation, technical and scientific excellence. Our Pharmaceutical network includes professionals at over 40 locations engaged in providing technical support to new product development, manufacturing and supply.
As part of the Pharmaceutical Technical Operations (PTO) team in Singapore, the PTO Chemist intern provides support in the technical laboratory in terms of chemical processes and analysis for various manufacturing facilities at the site, along with maintaining housekeeping and safety standards in the laboratory.
What You Will Do
The PTO Chemist Intern's main responsibilities are as follows:
- Support laboratory operations / laboratory management activities through maintaining inventory management system and laboratory housekeeping.
- Perform analysis using various analytical techniques (spectrometry and chromatography) in supporting various plant and utilities improvement initiatives.
- Support process understanding or improvement projects through experiments and/or process/analytical method evaluation and familiarization.
- Assist in process trending and data collection for process monitoring purposes.
- Complies with all divisional and site-specific policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Demonstrates and promotes Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) leadership behaviors, ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with EHS requirements.
- Actively participates in GEMBA safety walks.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, including Chemistry /Applied Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or Chemical / Biological / Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrated capability in application of sound engineering and scientific principles, project management skills and structured/analytical problem-solving techniques.
- An excellent team player who is able to readily take on responsibilities and work independently.
- Able to commit to a 6-month internship (from January 2022 to June 2022) is preferred.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Chemical Processing, Engineering Mechanical,...
- Closing Date:6th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm