At our Company, we are committed to be the premier, research-intensive biopharmaceutical company and are dedicated to providing leading innovations and solutions for today and the future. Our mission is to discover, develop and provide medicines and vaccines that save and improve lives around the world.
We strive to transform breakthrough science into novel therapeutics and vaccines and our scientific curiosity drives us to invent solutions to some of the world's most challenging diseases. Many begin in the our Research Laboratories, where we push the boundaries of science with the hope and expectation that the medicines and vaccines we invent will lead to better health for society for generations to come.
In Singapore, our Translational Medicine Research Centre is located within the Biopolis, the heart of Singapore’s biomedical research community. Here, we are focused on identifying and validating new drug targets, exploring innovative therapeutic modalities and leveraging clinical studies and patient–derived material to understand biomarkers of disease or therapeutic response to increase our understanding of human biology and to drive a therapeutic pipeline to address unmet medical needs. Our state-of-the-art laboratory supports discovery biology and translational medicine and is an integral part of our Company's world-class network for drug and vaccine discovery.
What You Will Do
As an intern within our research laboratories, you will gain the opportunity to work with talented and dedicated scientists, learn from leading industry experts, gain exposure and professional experience working for a research-driven enterprise; and use your passion, creativity, knowledge and collaboration skills to find solutions to challenging problems in your day-to-day work.
The Research Intern will work closely with an assigned scientific supervisor on a lab-based biomedical research project in the area of target validation, immuno-oncology or cancer biology.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Enrollment in an Undergraduate or Master’s program leading to a Diploma/Degree in a Biomedical Sciences, Biological Sciences or Life Sciences-related discipline.
- Working knowledge of laboratory-based methodologies such as molecular biology, protein or nucleic acid isolation, cell culture, Western blot, immunocytochemistry, quantitative plate-based detection methodologies, imaging, microscopy, mass spectrometry, flow cytometry.
- Hands-on laboratory experience preferred
Other Personal Attributes:
- Strong interest in working in a research-intensive environment
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Have a positive, proactive, can-do attitude
- Keen to learn and good team player
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Availability for 6 months in a full-time capacity preferred
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:11th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm