National Grid’s Graduate Development Program (GDP) is an in-depth training and development program for high achieving recent college graduates who aspire to take on future leadership roles in a dynamic, ever-changing industry. Graduates start their careers at National Grid with an in-depth 8-week Orientation which gives you exposure to all part of the company, allows you to network with your Graduate cohort, GDP alumni, and experienced leaders, and provides you with the opportunity to travel throughout our service territory in the northeast US.
Following Orientation, Graduates begin working in their hired position. Additionally, all Graduates will develop leadership skills through quarterly development session and a Capstone Project at the completion of your first year with National Grid. You will meet amazing individuals, both within our organization and local communities and will be assigned a mentor who will provide guidance and insight to help you start and progress in your career.
About the Position:
We are the planning team within the procurement organization at National Grid. You will be joining us at an exciting time, as we are determined to exceed the expectations of our customers, shareholders, and communities today and make possible the energy systems of tomorrow. Further, our team is under transformation and working towards becoming a data and process centric unit managing thousands of parts under multiple jurisdictions. Our goal is simple - to provide the right materials, in the right quantity, at the right time, at the right cost, to the right place.
Do you live for ensuring that your customers always have the right material on time and in full? Are you looking forward to bringing a smile on your CFO’s face by continually driving lower inventory values? Are you excited about using time series, best in class systems, and your experience to create and improve processes and tools for historical demand analysis? Are you passionate about working with your stakeholders to build evolving yet accurate future demand plans?
If this resonates with you, Welcome - we are looking for number crunchers who plan ahead, love to work with diverse teams, and are fired up to “bring energy to life”.
What You Will Do
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to obtain and share information that will benefit National Grid.
- Perform analysis and management of inventory levels, demand; reorder points, min/max levels, master data, consumption trends, and other operational/procurement considerations to ensure the continuous flow of inventory materials to the respective warehouses.
- Provide all aspects of materials management related to process and systems expertise, including business support of inventory systems and technology hardware, ad-hoc and routine reporting, and end user training.
- Follow up and coordination with Material Expeditors for overdue, late, or expected deliveries.
- Coordinate with Master Data Team to ensure appropriate setup of inventory material items and ID’s.
- Independently collate and analyze work unit and/or financial data within one or multiple areas using predetermined tools, methods and formats in order to support the department’s decision making process.
- Monitor and review financial information, updating where necessary in order to identify any anomalies or discrepancies and ensure management has access to up to date and accurate information.
- Work on other tasks and projects as assigned by management.
- Travel up to 25% might be required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Supply Chain or Operations is preferred.
- Graduated between May 2019 and May 2020.
- Earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher; official college transcript required for confirmation.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to begin the National Grid Graduate Program June 1, 2020 or June 22, 2020.
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving history.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Knowledge and experience in material requirements planning, inventory management, warehousing, accounting, and/or procurement.
- Exposure to SAP or equivalent ERP system.
- Proficient in working with statistical analysis including but not limited to time series as part of projects and coursework.
- Expert in creating models with Microsoft Excel. Microsoft Access is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint). Visio and Projects is preferred.
- Applicants for the Graduate Development Program must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Logistics and Supply Chain, Operations
Massachusetts (United States...
- Closing Date:10th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm