National Grid’s Graduate Development Program (GDP) is an in-depth training and development program for high achieving recent college graduates who aspire to take on future leadership roles in a dynamic, ever-changing industry.
Graduates start their careers at National Grid with an in-depth 8-week Orientation which gives you exposure to all parts of the company, allows you to network with your Graduate cohort, GDP alumni, and experienced leaders, and provides you with the opportunity to travel throughout our service territory in the northeast US.
Following Orientation, Graduates begin working in their hired position. Additionally, all Graduates will develop leadership skills through quarterly development session and a Capstone Project at the completion of your first year with National Grid. You will meet amazing individuals, both within our organization and local communities and will be assigned a mentor who will provide guidance and insight to help you start and progress in your career.
The Analyst is responsible for supporting the Plant Accounting Team in ensuring the proper accounting, analysis, reconciliation, and accuracy of financial data across the Acquire to Retire business activities and Fixed Assets Processes.
This includes but not limited to analysis of capital projects, capitalizing all fixed assets, maintaining an accurate fixed assets system, and the associated accounting and financial reporting requirements.
What You Will Do
- Review & analyze plant accounts and transactions to identify and address discrepancies and produce accurate and credible data.
- Supports month-end accounting close process to ensure timely, accurate and complete recording of financial transactions in PowerPlan and SAP.
- Compiles and reviews financial information to ensure accurate financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS, and other accounting standards.
- Prepares, records, and processes plant transactions and adjustments as needed.
- Executes and supports financial and non-financial controls to meet business requirements.
- Assembles and reviews supporting documentation to ensure compliance with audits.
- Responsible for meeting financial filings and reporting deadlines.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- Graduated between May 2019 and May 2020.
- Earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher; official college transcript required for confirmation.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to begin the National Grid Graduate Program June 1, 2020 or June 22, 2020.
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving history.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Applicants for the Graduate Development Program must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance
United States (United...
- Closing Date:10th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm