Producers, reporters, photographers, salespeople, editors, research directors, promotions writers… these are just some of the opportunities that await you at the NBC Owned Stations & Affiliates. NBC Owned Stations & Affiliates is comprised of 12 television stations in many of the biggest markets in the country bound together by the mission to produce and deliver compelling unique local news, information and entertainment programming across multiple platforms in the communities we serve. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
What You Will Do
- Research information, assist with investigations and source subjects for possible interviews and story development.
- Work closely with our consumer unit, making phone calls, interviewing viewers, alleged scammers and government agencies.
- Upload daily stories to our website and listen to viewer tips/complaints.
- Produce breaking news under deadline and pitch original enterprise stories.
Required Skills and Abilities
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
- Desired Backgrounds - Journalism, Production, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Sales, English, Digital Media, Business, and Research.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership.
- Experience working with your campus newspaper and/or production.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Communications, Design and...
New York (United...
- Closing Date:10th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm