To develop financial valuation models to enable clients to make optimal investment decisions and support the Corporate Finance team by providing requisite detailed analyses and documentation (PowerPoint presentations; circulars; announcements) for proposals and transactions; thereby assisting the business in revenue generation.
Type of Exposure:
- Completed Reports and Achieved Budgets.
- Established regulatory monitoring.
- Manage internal process.
- Managed Governance.
- Managed Relationships.
- Managed Self.
- Managed client relationships.
- Monitored compliance risks.
- Prevented Compliance Breaches.
- Provided operational support for Governance, Compliance and risk based assurance.
What You Will Do
- Build and maintain professional relationships with external clients by understanding their needs through the analysis and research process and responding to their queries promptly.
- Establish and maintain trusting working relationships with cluster and team to enable smooth flow of work through being active member of the team (e.g. providing any information as may be required).
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with vendors e.g. Bloomberg; INET etc. through interaction with them on an ad hoc basis.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
- Support corporate responsibility by participating in corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g.. Green Strategy).
- Contribute to making Nedbank a great place to work by living the Deep Green Values.
- Ensure that work is completed according to plan and expectations by executing duties/tasks/instructions/responsibilities within internal and external guidelines and regulatory/compliance/governance requirements.
- Ensure that resources (e.g. own time) are utilized effectively to produce balanced output by effective time management and communication.
- Manage reputational risks by complying with industry regulations; other legislation and acting professionally at all times.
- Begin to solve various problems (e.g. client and Nedbank problems) by providing quality advice and recommendations; documenting it into internal and external reports and requisite documentation pertaining to proposals; transactions and implementations Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
- Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe.
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction to contribute to intellectual capital development in the team.
- Provide support activities to the team to generate revenue by designing; developing; testing; updating and maintaining financial valuation models of varying degrees and conducting research and analysis into market trends; targeted clients and sector analysis; as well as latest accounting; tax; JSE regulation and other legislation.
- Ensure that delivery timeframes are met through being proactive; effective communication and proper time management.
- Ensure continuous improvement of service delivery by keeping abreast of latest trends and developments in the market.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Post Graduate Qualification/CA (SA)/CFA/BComm. LLB./BSc. Engineering/Actuarial Science.
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees.
- Matric/Grade 12.
- 2-3 years' experience in a corporate finance environment.
- Banking procedures.
- Governance, Risk and Controls.
- Industry trends.
- Microsoft Office.
- Principles of financial management.
- Principles of project management.
- Relevant software and systems knowledge.
- Research methodology.
- Decision-making process.
- Knowledge of the SA Regulatory landscape.
- Continuous learning.
- Decision making.
- Managing work.
- Technical/professional knowledge and skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:9th May 2021, 6:00 pm