To design, prototype, and build next-generation analytic engines and services by applying strong expertise in matching learning , data mining and information retrieval.
What You Will Do
- Develop statistical models and algorithms through the use of libraries and abstractions.
- Conducts explority data analysis.
- Create value out of enterprise wide data.
- Provide insights to BI and BA to further exploit and present their models.
- Apply advanced analytical techniques such as machine learning and artificial intelligence in order to derive business value.
- Conduct data discovery for inclusion in models.
- Keep abreast with latest tools and techniques.
- Focus on specific date point within the data process life cycle.
- Access and clean data and validate data quality.
- Identify additional data sources.
- Collaborates with model developers to implement and deploy scalable solutions.
- Implement and maintain complex models and algorithms that drive innovation throughout the organization.
- Ensure improvement of on-time performance and network planning.
- Conduct self-development through researching best practices, conducting experiments, and collaborating with industry leaders.
- Work with large data sets, simulation/ optimization and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, Arena, etc.).
- Monitor and maintain models in production and re -train if necessary.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities.
- Contribute to the Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes, models and systems though agile thinking.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or Operations Research or related technical discipline.
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees.
- Matric/Grade 12.
- 0-3 years’ experience in a statistical and/or data science role.
- Cursory knowledge of machine learning, statistics, optimization or related field.
- Experience with R, Python, Matlab is required, programming in C, C++, Java.
- Experience working with large data sets, simulation/ optimization and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, Arena, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong desire to work in cross functional teams.
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, agile start-up like environment.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations, Research and...
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:15th Jan 2022, 6:00 pm