To develop world class Quantitative Analysts through the Nedbank Quants Graduate Programme. To contribute to the development and maintenance of best practice models and assessment strategies in line with regulations (where applicable) in order to facilitate world class risk management.
Type of Exposure:
- Conducting root cause analysis.
- Analyzing situations or data that requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Developing ways to minimize risks.
- Influencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideas.
- Working with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problem.
- Interacting with diverse people.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Interacting with various levels of management.
- Managing multiple project.
- Working within a team.
What You Will Do
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes; models and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Contribute to the Nedbank Quants Training Programme by pro-actively participating in programme committees/structures (E.g. marketing committee, recruitment committee and social committee). This is called ‘programme involvement’. The objective of this participation is to enhance their personal and professional development whilst adding value to the
- Nedbank Quants Training Programme.
- Ensure business needs are met by engaging and assisting business through face to face interaction and attendance at forums and committees.
- Assist the business to address queries by extracting and analyzing data.
- Ensure continuity and knowledge base through documenting and recording processes and models.
- Ensure compliance to policy through data analysis and monitoring.
- Establish understanding of processes by bridging the gap between operational and analytical concepts through communication.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers as well as sharing knowledge and industry trends with the team.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees/Undergraduate Degree.
- Postgraduate degree, Honours or Master’s degree with majors in Pure Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Econometrics, Financial Engineering, Quantitative Risk Management or similar.
- Matric/Grade 12.
- No experience required.
- Business Acumen.
- Industry trends.
- Microsoft Office.
- Principles of project management.
- Relevant regulatory knowledge.
- Relevant software and systems knowledge.
- Risk management process and frameworks.
- Business writing skills.
- Quantitative skills.
- Governance, Risk and Controls.
- Applied Learning.
- Earning Trust.
- Stress Tolerance.
- Driving for results.
- Continuous Improvement.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills.
- Decision Making.
- Managing Work.
- Quality Orientation.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Engineering, Management, Mathematics,...
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:30th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm