To develop world class Quantitative Analysts through the Nedbank Quants Graduate Programme. To contribute to the development and maintenance of best practice models and assessment strategies in line with regulations (where applicable) in order to facilitate world class risk management.
Type of Exposure:
- Working independently or with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problem.
- Completing various administrative duties (e.g.; answering phones; making copies; filing).
- Sharing information in different ways to increase stakeholders understanding.
- Tracking cost against a budget.
- Capturing data.
- Checking accuracy of reports and records.
- Drafting reports.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Working with spread sheets.
What You Will Do
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes; models and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Contribute to the Nedbank Quants Training Programme by pro-actively participating in programme committees/structures (E.g. marketing committee, recruitment committee and social committee). This is called ‘programme involvement’. The objective of this participation is to enhance their personal and professional development whilst adding value to the Nedbank
- Quants Training Programme.
- Ensure business needs are met by engaging and assisting business through face to face interaction and attendance at forums and committees.
- Assist the business to address queries by extracting and analyzing data.
- Ensure continuity and knowledge base through documenting and recording processes and models.
- Ensure compliance to policy through data analysis and monitoring.
- Establish understanding of processes by bridging the gap between operational and analytical concepts through communication.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers as well as sharing knowledge and industry trends with the team.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees.
- Postgraduate degree, Honours or Master's degree with majors in Pure Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics,
- Engineering, Econometrics, Financial Engineering, Quantitative Risk Management or similar.
- Matric/Grade 12.
- Administrative procedures and systems.
- Banking procedures.
- Business terms and definitions.
- Business writing.
- Cluster specific operations.
- Data analysis.
- Governance, Risk and Controls.
- Relevant regulatory knowledge.
- Relevant software and systems knowledge.
- Customer Focus.
- Decision Making.
- Managing Work.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Engineering, Management, Mathematics,...
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:30th Jun 2022, 6:00 pm