Organizations count on NetApp for cutting-edge ways to store, manage, move and protect their data. Right from day one, we’ll encourage you to share your views, challenge opinions and push boundaries. And thanks to mentoring and leadership programs that help you build on your personal and professional passions, you’ll develop your skills as fast as your ideas. The NetApp Finance University Graduate Hire (U-Grad) Program is a unique opportunity for recent college graduates to work within a challenging and fast-paced environment, for one of the many functions within the NetApp Finance organization (Corporate Accounting & Controllership, Corporate Finance, Sales & Operational Finance, etc.).
As a new U-Grad, you will initially be hired into a specific finance function, assigned a manager, and work as an integral member of that team. As a U-Grad Program participant, over the course of your first 12 months you will rotate once annually into other roles within the Finance organization. This job rotation allows participants to maximize their exposure and impact across our finance organization, develop and master technical skills in multiple disciplines, all while getting the development, mentoring and networking they need to gain an edge. It is your chance to learn all about our finance organization alongside others who are just as driven as you. The U-Grad program also offers participants opportunities to participate in valuable networking and social activities.
What You Will Do
Specific responsibilities will vary based on the specific Finance function a U-Grad participant is hired into. However, the basic role as a Financial Analyst typically includes the responsibility for a wide range of financial support and analysis tasks to help to ensure departmental objectives and project deadlines are met.
- Prepare and drive operational and financial metrics in support of key decision making (forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, cost analysis, product pricing, etc.).
- Gather, analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations for financial plans, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
- Participate in projects related to financial systems or business processes.
- Participate in month/quarter-end accounting close activities.
- Support any regulatory/compliance audit or reporting requirements, as needed.
- May focus on an area of specialization.
Required Skills and Abilities
- We are seeking candidates that are pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or an equivalent degree.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills as needed to work successfully with staff and managers within and outside of function.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to work both independently and on cross functional teams.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a project-based environment.
- Ability to follow standard accounting and finance practices, and departmental procedures and processes.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics
Sunnyvale (United States...
- Closing Date:9th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm