Today, there were over 500 million Tweets, over 85% of U.S. Consumers used their mobile device while watching TV, and within the next four years, women will control $28 Trillion in annual consumer spending. At Nielsen, you will help analyze and understand what all this means to our consumers, and how it truly influences and drives consumer behavior in what people watch, listen to and buy. At Nielsen, we invest in you.
Nielsen’s Emerging Leaders Program offers a powerful and unique experience for top undergraduates interested in a leadership career with the world’s leading provider of global marketing information, consumer insights, and business media. Emerging Leaders Internships provide an opportunity for 2020 graduates to explore the Nielsen environment and gain insight into the full time Emerging Leaders Program.
An internship is a unique opportunity for you to experience the Nielsen environment, culture and team while enhancing your professional and personal skills. You will learn more about the Emerging Leaders Program and have opportunities to interact with program associates as you explore the possibilities of a leadership career with Nielsen. As a leader in providing global information, come discover us!
What You Will Do
At Nielsen, information is our business. We deliver solutions to our clients in the form of high quality information that helps them grow and compete more effectively. The Finance track is a challenging program designed to develop leaders who will position Nielsen for growth.
- A ten to twelve week summer assignment in one of the following locations: Chicago, Illinois, Wilton, Connecticut, Cincinnati, Ohio, or New York City.
- Development of personal and professional skills through training, networking and mentoring relationships.
- Interactions with experienced leaders during intern activities such as lunch and learn events and leadership dialogues.
- The opportunity to build teamwork skills through participation in the intern project and community service events.
- A competitive salary, eligibility for corporate housing and reimbursement for travel to and from the intern assignment location.
- The opportunity to apply for the Emerging Leaders Program in the Finance track. Interns will be considered for the full time program upon successful completion of the internship.
- Intern assignments typically focus on vital business processes and projects such as: simplification, integration, business process re-engineering, and project management. Assignments vary according to business need and intern qualifications but all are designed to stretch your skills and to support your professional development by providing clear goals and actionable feedback on your performance.
Required Skills and Abilities
To apply for an internship, you should be an undergraduate with an anticipated graduation date of 2020 with a Finance, Accounting, or Economics related major (preferred).
- Strong record of academic achievement (minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA).
- Experience or coursework in financials, and statistics (if not a Finance, Accounting, Economics major).
- Leadership role in college extra-curricular activities.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility to pursue a challenging career in various locations.
- Passion to apply technology to deliver business results.
- Enthusiasm for streamlining and simplifying processes.
- Disposition to learn from different cultures and new ways of thinking.
- Initiative, creativity and a passion to deliver results that make a difference to our clients.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Demonstrated skill in project management.
- Demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Geographic flexibility.
- General understanding of technology’s role in Finance.
- Permanent Work Authorization in the U.S.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics
New York (United...
- Closing Date:10th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm