Data Science is core to what Nielsen does, and our research projects have high visibility in directly affecting the results of our business and our clients.
This position is in the TV Behavioral Methods team within Nielsen’s Global Data Science organization. The Behavioral Methods team provides leadership and expertise across Nielsen to develop innovative, statistically sound, and cost effective research methodologies in support of the strategic business initiatives. We play a pivotal role in designing best practices and approaches for data collection, respondent recruitment, and panelist retention.
What You Will Do
- Provide research support for complex cross-functional research projects.
- Apply best practices of survey methodology to Nielsen products.
- Use both qualitative and quantitative assessment methods to improve survey methods and recruitment approaches.
- Contribute to the design of analysis plan and utilize software (Python) to analyze & report research data.
- Utilize attention to detail when proofreading, translating, coordinating, or designing survey materials.
- Provide Support for Nielsen operational teams, including Call-Center and In-Person Field recruitment teams.
- Develop project plan with clear work breakdown structure and detailed timeline for efficient project planning.
- Develop multiple-task management and time management skills.
- Be able to confront issues and challenges occurred to projects and work with Project Manager and team member to come up with solutions.
- Construct clear and concise messages and have proactive communication with internal/external teams.
- Provide project status updates to project manager about key accomplishments, potential project risks pertaining to timeline, and deliverables.
- Contribute to final research/study reports.
- Enhance presentation skills for public speaking or business settings.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Preferred - Master’s degree in Social or Behavioral Sciences field such as Survey Methodology, Statistics/Sampling, Psychology, Sociology or a related field or Bachelor's degree with exceptionally high potential.
- Knowledge of survey or similar research operations including questionnaire design, cognitive interviews, sampling, test specs design and survey administration.
- Knowledge of multiple modes of data collection methods, including telephone, paper, online and mobile surveys.
- Knowledge of mixed-mode survey designs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required for presenting to and collaborating with groups of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with project management.
- Attention to detail and ability to keep track of changes across multiple projects.
- Highly motivated.
- Collaborative team player with willingness and desire to work with global cross-functional teams of varying sizes.
- Creative aptitude and ability and desire to explore opportunities for new research innovations.
- Ability to explain complex research concepts to individuals without a survey research background.
- Ability to visually communicate analyses in presentations.
- Experience with Google suite of applications.
- Availability full time June - August 2019 in (Chicago, IL or Tampa, FL).
- Permanent work authorization in the U.S.
- Quantitative research and analysis skills including competence with statistical software (Python, R, SAS or SPSS).
- Ability to support qualitative research and analysis (including cognitive interviews, in-depth interviews, focus groups, etc.).
- Knowledge of large-scale, complex multi-stage surveys in Market Research or Government setting.
- Job type:Internships
Chicago (United States...
- Closing Date:17th Apr 2019, 6:00 pm