Fresh out from school and thinking about how you can gain valuable industry-relevant experience? With SGUnited Traineeships, new and recent graduates can join approved host companies to develop skills professionally and receive a training allowance.
Traineeship Role Description:
The AEJ Financial Crime Compliance team (“FCC”) is responsible for all financial crime compliance matters in the region, which includes Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, Korea and Australia.
The FCC Transaction Monitoring Trainee will report into the Head of FCC for Singapore and the primary role is to support the management of the financial crime risks of the firm and ensure the effective implementation of the financial crime regime in the firm.
What You Will Do
- To learn about relevant regulations around Anti-Money Laundering / Combating the Financial Terrorism (AML/CFT). To learn about the relevant firm's AML/CFT Policy and Procedures.
- To learn about the relevant firm's AML/CFT Policy and Procedures.
- To learn about how to utilize our surveillance systems to detect suspicious transactions.
- To learn how to review potential suspicious activity on a timely and effective manners and escalate issue when required.
Competencies to Learn:
- Trainee will gain a good understanding of the relevant financial crime legislations, rules or regulations in Singapore.
- Trainee will gain a fair understanding on relevant internal policies and procedures applicable to Nomura's AML/CFT.
- Trainee will have the skillset to perform transaction monitoring and reviews on client accounts and transaction using the bank's surveillance systems.
- Trainee will be able to analyze and identify suspicious transaction with minimum supervision, have the judgement when escalation is required, and contribute ideas to process/ control improvement.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Graduated in calendar years 2019 to 2021 from universities, or other educational institutions (e.g., private universities and overseas institutions); or
- Graduated from the mentioned institutions and completed National Service between 2019 to 2021.
Duration of Traineeship/ Attachment Offered - 6 months
This position is open for both recent graduates and mid-career individuals. Graduates interested in this position should possess a University Degree. Mid-career individuals from any qualification level can apply.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Compliance
- Closing Date:22nd Aug 2021, 6:00 pm