Fresh out from school and thinking about how you can gain valuable industry-relevant experience? With SGUnited Traineeships, new and recent graduates can join approved host companies to develop skills professionally and receive a training allowance.
Traineeship Role Description:
About Global Markets:
Our Global Markets team provides services to financial institutions, corporates, governments, asset managers and hedge funds around the world. We act as market makers trading equity and fixed income securities, including currencies, interest rates and credit in cash, derivatives and structured products.
By leveraging the strength of our intellectual capital, client relationships and technology, we are able to offer the best-in-class products on a truly integrated, global and cross-asset platform. We are proud of being a recognized leader in Asia with an international footprint spanning over 30 countries; we are in a unique position to offer a truly east to west service.
About the Desk/ Function:
The FX & EM department is part of Global Markets. The department is headquartered in Singapore and has centers of trading and sales excellence in Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Milan and , New York. The department is responsible for providing global FX and Asian Rates product solutions to clients across the world.
This position reports to the GM CAO team. The trainee will work with the GM CAO team supporting the formulation and deployment of AEJ Macro Trading and Sales business strategies.
The team keeps abreast with the latest market developments and trends, and assists in the formulation of business plans to develop and maintain our competitive edge.
The team works closely with senior managers in trading, structuring and research.
What You Will Do
- Data analysis for business strategy, financial performance, and cost management.
- Research for business initiatives.
- Coordination and preparation for business meetings / presentations.
Competencies to Learn:
- Effective business communication (both oral and written).
- Active participation in data analytics, business analysis, and the making of presentations.
- Basic understanding of financial markets, products, and trends.
- Basic understanding of managing organizations and improving business / operational processes.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Graduated in calendar years 2019 to 2021 from universities, or other educational institutions (e.g., private universities and overseas institutions); or
- Graduated from the mentioned institutions and completed National Service between 2019 to 2021.
Duration of Traineeship/ Attachment Offered - 6 months
This position is open for both recent graduates and mid-career individuals. Graduates interested in this position should possess a University Degree. Mid-career individuals from any qualification level can apply.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce
- Closing Date:22nd Aug 2021, 6:00 pm