Fresh out from school and thinking about how you can gain valuable industry-relevant experience? With SGUnited Traineeships, new and recent graduates can join approved host companies to develop skills professionally and receive a training allowance.
Traineeship Role Description:
About Global Markets:
Our Global Markets team provides services to financial institutions, corporates, governments, asset managers and hedge funds around the world. We act as market makers trading equity and fixed income securities, including currencies, interest rates and credit in cash, derivatives and structured products.
By leveraging the strength of our intellectual capital, client relationships and technology, we are able to offer the best-in-class products on a truly integrated, global and cross-asset platform. We are proud of being a recognized leader in Asia with an international footprint spanning over 30 countries; we are in a unique position to offer a truly east to west service.
About the Desk/ Function:
The Wholesale Digital Office (WDO) is part of Global Markets. It is a global team but locally works very closely with FX & EM and is involved in all asset classes from a technology perspective. . The department is responsible for developing and enhancing the electronic trading platform, identifying and delivering new revenue streams in the fintech and digital asset spaces, creating new trading methodologies via AI/ML strategies and identifying automation opportunities across the bank. In Singapore specifically, the team product manages the eFX platform and sponsors the regional Hackathon in partnership with Technology.
This position reports to the GM CAO team and regional Digital Office. The trainee will work with the team supporting the deployment and management of all aspects inflight projects, ranging from data analytics tasks to deployment of new trading or sales tools.
The team keeps abreast with the latest market developments and trends within technology, digital assets, fintech, and assists in the formulation of business plans to develop and maintain our competitive edge.
The team works closely with senior managers in trading, sales, technology and other global members of the Wholesale Digital Office.
What You Will Do
- User deployment and feedback capture from rollout of new platform releases.
- Definition of data analytics tools and associated data remediation tasks.
- Governance tasks related to the management of and communication of the WDO roadmap for FX&EM.
- Coordination of functional signoffs and documentation related to new platforms and liquidity channels.
Competencies to Learn:
- Effective business communication (both oral and written).
- Active participation in data analytics, business analysis, and the making of presentations.
- Basic understanding of financial markets, products, and trends.
- Basic understanding of managing organizations and improving business / operational processes.
- Exposure to data visualization tools and data transformation toolkits would be beneficial.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Graduated in calendar years 2019 to 2021 from universities, or other educational institutions (e.g., private universities and overseas institutions); or
- Graduated from the mentioned institutions and completed National Service between 2019 to 2021.
Duration of Traineeship/ Attachment Offered - 6 months
This position is open for both recent graduates and mid-career individuals. Graduates interested in this position should possess a University Degree. Mid-career individuals from any qualification level can apply.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce
- Closing Date:22nd Aug 2021, 6:00 pm