Fresh out from school and thinking about how you can gain valuable industry-relevant experience? With SGUnited Traineeships, new and recent graduates can join approved host companies to develop skills professionally and receive a training allowance.
Traineeship Role Description:
This position reports to the Director - FX Technology. The trainee will interact with IT Management, Application owners and Trading staff. The team will embed with the existing Tech team and engage in end-to-end SW Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including governance and risk.
What You Will Do
The trainees will work on projects within the following themes related to the FX & Emerging Markets business including Macro, to enable business capabilities.
AI based exploratory projects - Candidates will have options to choose from a series of exploratory projects based on AI and Data since involvement. Some of the examples highlighted below:
- NLP Parsing - Natural Language parsing for trading and sales data to enrich the text-based commands to systematic instructions.
- Anomaly detection in market data. Detect abnormalities in incoming market data and alert users.
- Data Visualization - Data visualization and analysis are one of the most important streams. The industry grappled with how to improve customer franchise, what we should do, and how data can provide insights into business. Trading and sales insights into client transactions and data driven insights.
Python based Programs - Python is extremely useful programming language, which is easy to learn and implement. Candidates will get a chance to work on specific projects to build tools for trading desk’s efficiency improvements. Some of the examples are:
- Efficiency improvement for front office trade booking and risk management.
- Tools for better management of risk reporting and PnL Flash generation.
Competencies to Learn:
- Learn Python Programming.
- Learn KX for data visualization.
- Learn VBA Programming.
- Learn the use of AI Tools: Natural Language Parser, AWS.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Graduated in calendar years 2019 to 2021 from universities, or other educational institutions (e.g., private universities and overseas institutions); or
- Graduated from the mentioned institutions and completed National Service between 2019 to 2021.
Duration of Traineeship/ Attachment Offered - 6 months
This position is open for both recent graduates and mid-career individuals. Graduates interested in this position should possess a University Degree. Mid-career individuals from any qualification level can apply.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Software, Information Technology
- Closing Date:22nd Aug 2021, 6:00 pm