Fresh out from school and thinking about how you can gain valuable industry-relevant experience? With SGUnited Traineeships, new and recent graduates can join approved host companies to develop skills professionally and receive a training allowance.
Traineeship Role Description:
This position sits within Asia Ex Japan (AEJ) Risk CAO Team.Trainee will work with the risk team & it involves collaboration across multiple functions. Trainee will also work closely with regional risk team to co-ordinate initiatives that enable the function to meet its strategic goals & ongoing commitments.
The trainee will get involved in a wide range of tasks, from traditional CAO activities (such as business continuity plans, internal audit interactions, task & project management) to local projects & utilising new technology solutions to enhance and automated business processes.
What You Will Do
- Learn about how Risk Management plays an integral role in supporting the business & staying aligned with the firm's strategy.
- Acquire knowledge on the processes & controls of the Risk department, using this information to facilitate and assist management and/or risk teams.
- Learn how to prepare Risk reports and contribute to audit process where required. Learn how to utilize the various technology platform & ongoing initiatives.
- Effective management and professional interaction with stakeholders.
- Appropriate & effective communication of information through written emails & remote/in person presentation.
Competencies to Learn:
- Knowledgeable on the Risk Management Org Structure and the scope of work of respective teams under Risk Management.
- Understand the overarching processes & controls established within that help manage the risks the bank faces. Facilitate and assist management and/or risk teams in tasks. (e.g., Audit items, Business Continuity Plan).
- Contribute in Risk reporting and understand the different bank platforms Risk uses. Contribute in ongoing strategic or technology initiatives effectively & efficiently.
- Able to develop & maintain a collaborative working relationship with business stakeholders & partnering support functions (e.g., Market Risk, Credit Risk, Risk IT).
- Able to prepare a presentation deck with key relevant information and deliver the presentation.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Graduated in calendar years 2019 to 2021 from universities, or other educational institutions (e.g., private universities and overseas institutions); or
- Graduated from the mentioned institutions and completed National Service between 2019 to 2021.
Duration of Traineeship/ Attachment Offered - 6 months
This position is open for both recent graduates and mid-career individuals. Graduates interested in this position should possess a University Degree. Mid-career individuals from any qualification level can apply.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Compliance
- Closing Date:22nd Aug 2021, 6:00 pm