Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar Primary School Teachers to teach our Grade 2 classes for our Tatu City Primary Campus. The teacher will play a critical role in delivering an exceptional 21st Century learning experience for our students. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
What You Will Do
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Plan activities that meet the social, physical and emotional needs of the children.
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with the school curriculum.
- Schedule stimulating and learning activities for the children.
- Prepare teaching aids to facilitate children learning.
- Devise games and activities, and also provides playing equipment, and ensure the playing facilities and equipment are clean and safe.
- Supervise the children as they learn and play.
- Observe and evaluate each child’s progress and provide a written report to the Principal, other school leaders and parents.
- Monitor and keep records/ reports of the children’s progress and development.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Establish and enforce rules for behaviour, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Assist in bus loading and unloading.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
Required Skills and Abilities
- TSC certification and Degree in Education/ Diploma in ECDE.
- 1 - 2 years of teaching experience.
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change - you handle uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver - You are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture - And in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:30th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm