Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar intern to support the Global Parent Fee Support team for a 6 months internship. This is an exciting opportunity to work remotely and to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
What You Will Do
Family engagement through email:
- Respond to family emails coming in through Zendesk.
- Support email communication strategies to manage and assist in collecting delinquent debtors.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers at all times.
- Ensure customer queries are responded to within agreed timelines.
- Escalation of queries that require to.
- Maintain weekly statistics on Zendesk response times and apparent satisfaction.
- Ensure records of customer interactions, comments, complaints and transactions are maintained.
Family engagement on phone:
- Answer calls from parents using the company work lines.
- Support call and text strategies to manage and assist in collecting delinquent accounts.
- Maintain a positive, friendly, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers at all times.
- Ensure family calls are attended to within agreed timelines.
- Maintain weekly call statistics.
- Ensure records of customer phone interactions, comments, complaints and transactions are maintained.
Family statement updates:
- Respond to all statement update requests from families on email and calls offering assurance and progress updates.
- Update all requests for the finance team to update the family statements.
- Follow up with finance to ensure all requested updates are executed.
- Escalate any concerns regarding statements updates that present a challenge.
- Closeout all statement requests with families once they have been finalized.
- Support financial clearance and gating at the start of the school term for any students with arrears and who show up to school.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of Nova Pioneer by suggesting and implementing measures that increase productivity, reduce costs and raise customer service levels.
- Maintain an effective and productive working relationship with the Finance team and contribute to activities to improve interaction and collaboration with the Finance team.
- Achieve and maintain proficiency with the system and tools required to perform duties.
- Other duties as assigned by the Global Collections Manager, which may include (but not limited to) assisting with billings during peak times.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s Degree (in Business preferred).
- CPA (K) or Finalist or its equivalent (ACCA, CA etc.).
- Volunteer or past internship experience in customer-facing roles is desirable.
- Volunteer or past internship experience in a startup or in a company that gives you significant autonomy and responsibility is a plus!
- Results-driven: goal-oriented, moves fast and takes ownership of work.
- Eager to learn and accepts feedback as a positive step to professional growth.
- Excitement about our organizational culture - And in particular, be fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
- Ability to treat all confidential information with the utmost professionalism.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce
- Closing Date:14th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm