Nova Pioneer are a network of schools developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century. We are looking for dynamic, passionate and innovative student psychologists to join our psychosocial Team in 2022 as interns.
Our psychology internship opportunities aim to contribute to the training and development of high quality psychologists who are passionate to deliver excellence in mental healthcare in educational and other settings. Working in an innovative and dynamic school environment, intern psychologists will have the opportunity to gain diverse experience in individual therapeutic work, assessments, group interventions and multi-disciplinary teamwork.
Working with the school's educational psychologist to provide educational psychological services to students across campuses of Nova Pioneer. This will include individual therapeutic interventions, psychoeducational assessments, group intervention, meeting attendance and collaborative multidisciplinary work, case management, and consultations with parents and teachers.
As per the HPCSA requirements, the internship will be full time, and the intern will be required to work through school holidays. Leave days are allocated according to the HPCSA guidelines. Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
What You Will Do
- Work under the supervision of Nova Pioneer's educational psychologist, who will act as the site supervisor.
- Provide therapeutic interventions, including play therapy and trauma support to primary school students from Grade 00/000 to Grade 12.
- Provide learning support and remedial interventions to students in the primary school.
- Conduct psycho-educational assessments of students in the primary school. 'Conduct school readiness assessments of students in Grade R.
- Write professional, useful and psychometrically-sound assessment reports.
- Provide group interventions and facilitate Social and Emotional Learning experiences with an emphasis on prevention in the secondary school.
- Attend Student Support Team meetings and work as part of a collaborative student support team.
- Maintain accurate clinical records.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Have completed or be nearing completion of an accredited master’s degree in Educational or Counselling Psychology (no time will be given for completion of course work).
- Be registered with the HPCSA as an intern psychologist by January 2021.
- Have an individualized internship programme that has been approved by the Professional Board for Psychology by December 2021.
- Be registered with the HPCSA as an intern psychologist by no later than January 2022.
- Be willing and able to work on different campuses of the school.
- Have supervised experience in therapeutic interventions and psychological assessment.
- Job type:Internships
Gauteng (South Africa)
- Closing Date:22nd May 2021, 6:00 pm