Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar Aftercare Assistants to join its Aftercare programme for 2022! This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
We are looking for an Aftercare Assistant for grades 000 to grade 4. Aftercare Assistants support the running of the after school programme during school term (~4-5 hours/day) as well during school holidays (~8 hours / day).
Working hours, to be confirmed by your Manager, will be 2:00-6:30 pm on normal school days. During school holidays, working hours will be extended - cover from 6:30 am - 6:30 pm will be shared by the aftercare team in accordance with the BCEA
What You Will Do
- Take initiative and act decisively.
- Take responsibility for the care and safety of our children.
- Conduct diligent and responsible monitoring of all students at the aftercare.
- Supervise all activities to ensure safety at all times.
- Run daily activities for the children according to our educational approach.
- Liaise with parents.
- Participate in relevant professional development.
- Manage behavior of learners according to the Nova Pioneer philosophy of culture and behavior.
- Help to maintain a neat and organized aftercare area.
- Attend school functions.
- Report to supervisor any problem which may occur with the children.
- Participate in dismissal procedures at the end of aftercare, ensuring that each child leaves with the appropriate adult.
- Support dismissal procedures at the end of the school day, ensuring that each child is appropriately signed into after school care.
- Ensure a professional, friendly and cordial relationship the both learners and parents.
Work with other staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere.
- Participate in Open Days.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the School Leader according to the school’s needs.
- Work in the holiday care programmes for the school holidays.
- Form part of the Before Care supervision.
Required Skills and Abilities
- ECD Certificate/Currently studying towards Bachelor’s degree in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) - Ideal.
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading and writing in English.
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student.
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach.
- You have an understanding of and passion for student-centered learning.
- You are a team player and you enjoy group problem solving.
- You are adept at using technology.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Gauteng (South Africa)
- Closing Date:23rd Oct 2021, 6:00 pm