Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Art & Design Graduate Apprentice Teacher to teach secondary school grades at our Ormonde campus in Johannesburg, South Africa in 2022. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic aspiring teacher to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
We are looking for an exceptional Art & Design Graduate Apprentice Teacher. Apprentice teachers are supported by Deans of Instruction who partner with them in their growth journey by observing lessons, providing feedback and coaching.
What You Will Do
- Deliver exceptional, real world, enquiry-based Art & Design lessons that align with the Cambridge Art & Design curriculum requirements.
- Work closely with learning designers to design rigorous lesson plans.
- Deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery.
- Observe, coach and be a model teacher for new teachers.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly.
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with Deans and learning designers to enhance teaching practices.
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organization wide learning and reflection.
- Communicate regularly with parents through e-mail, telephone and parent-teacher conferences.
- Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity in the course of a term.
- Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfil supervision duties as assigned including occasional morning, evening and weekend events.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A National Diploma/Bachelor's degree in Visual Arts, Graphic Design or a similar degree & Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) is ideal. We are also open to candidates who have a Bachelors of Education degree but who have strong experience in a similar Art/Art & Design role.
- SACE registered.
- You have a solid understanding of the Cambridge Art & Design Curriculum (ideal).
- You have strong technical knowledge of Visual Arts & Graphic Design.
- You have a solid understanding of the printing and related media, printmaking, 3 dimensional studies, photography and digital based media, graphic communication and textile design.
- You can provide evidence (i.e. a portfolio of work) of related work.
- Ability to lead a classroom independently.
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student.
- You have an understanding of and passion for enquiry based, student-centered learning.
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach.
- You are a team player and you enjoy group problem solving.
- You are adept at using technology for instruction.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Arts and Humanities, Design and User...
Gauteng (South Africa)
- Closing Date:23rd Oct 2021, 6:00 pm