Nova Pioneer is looking for two superstar Apprentice Teachers to teach Primary School (grades R - 3) at our Ormonde Campus. This is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring teacher who is currently in their 3rd or 4th year of their BEd qualification or completing their PGCE in 2021 to join a team deeply committed to the development of our people and our children.
You will partner with your Resident Teacher to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Apprentice teachers support instruction and classroom management and are responsible for helping to drive a rigorous, enquiry-based learning environment the Nova Pioneer way. Apprentice teachers are supported by Resident teachers who partner with them in their growth journey - Observing lessons, providing feedback and coaching.
What You Will Do
- Help and support Resident teachers to deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Help to set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it.
- Work collaboratively with the resident teacher to conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly.
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with resident teachers and Deans to enhance teaching practices.
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organization wide learning and reflection.
- Communicate regularly with parents through e-mail, telephone and parent-teacher conferences.
- Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity in the course of a term.
- Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfil supervision duties as assigned including some morning, evening and weekend events.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Education and entering your third or fourth year of study OR a Bachelor’s Degree & Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
- You will not be a qualified teacher at the start of 2021.
- You are specializing in Foundation phase (Grades R-3).
- You are provisionally SACE registered.
- You have English and Mathematics teaching experience or curriculum knowledge - Experience in Singapore Maths and THRASS (English) is not compulsory but ideal.
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge curriculum objectives would be an advantage.
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student.
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach.
- You are deeply committed to your development as a teacher and welcome constructive feedback, translating feedback into improvements and innovations in your approach and in your classroom.
- You are able to work within a team-based environment and collaborate with other resident teachers, apprentice teachers and deans.
- You communicate openly and effectively with your colleagues.
- You are adept at using technology for instruction.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Gauteng (South Africa)
- Closing Date:23rd Oct 2021, 6:00 pm