Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Resident teacher to teach Secondary School (grades 8 - 12) Humanities at our South African school (Ormonde). This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic teacher to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
We are looking for Resident Humanities Teacher for grades 8 to grade 12 (Social science, Geography - Cambridge Curriculum). Resident teachers lead instruction and planning for subject or grade level classrooms and are responsible for driving a rigorous, enquiry-based learning environment the Nova Pioneer way.
Resident teachers are supported by Deans of Instruction who partner with them in their growth journey - Observing lessons, providing feedback and coaching. Resident teachers support and mentor apprentice teachers. See below to learn more about the teaching model at Nova Pioneer.
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
What You Will Do
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery.
- Observe, coach and be a model teacher for Apprentice teachers.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly.
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with Deans and learning designers to enhance teaching practices.
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organization wide learning and reflection.
- Communicate regularly with parents through e-mail, telephone and parent-teacher conferences.
- Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity in the course of a term.
- Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfil supervision duties as assigned including some morning, evening and weekend events.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Bachelor’s Degree & Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) - Specializing in Superior Phase.
- SACE registered.
- Social Science and Geography teaching experience or curriculum knowledge.
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge curriculum objectives would be an advantage.
- Ability to lead a classroom independently.
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student.
- You have an understanding of and passion for enquiry based, student-centered learning.
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach.
- You are a team player and you enjoy group problem solving.
- You are adept at using technology for instruction.
- Job type:Internships
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:20th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm