Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar Mathematics teacher to teach secondary school grades at our new High School based in Ormonde, South Africa! This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic teacher to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century and be apart of building a foundation in a new school.
We are looking for an exceptional Mathematics Resident Teacher to start in Term-2 on 01 April 2022. Resident teachers lead instruction and planning for subject or grade level classrooms and are responsible for driving a rigorous, enquiry-based learning environment the Nova Pioneer way. Resident teachers are supported by Deans of Instruction who partner with them in their growth journey by observing lessons, providing feedback and coaching. Resident teachers support and mentor apprentice teachers.
What You Will Do
- Deliver exceptional, real world, enquiry-based Mathematics lessons that align with the Cambridge Mathematics curriculum requirements.
- Prepare students to sit for IGCSE, AS and A-level exams.
- Design rigorous lesson plans.
- Deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery.
- Observe, coach and be a model teacher for new teachers.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress.
- Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly.
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with Deans to enhance teaching practices.
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organization wide learning and reflection.
- Communicate regularly with parents through email, telephone and parent-teacher conferences.
- Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity in the course of a term.
- Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfil supervision duties as assigned including occasional morning, evening and weekend events.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics or a similar degree + Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) is ideal. We are also open to candidates who have a Bachelors of Education degree with a focus on teaching Mathematics at the intermediate school level.
- You have taken Maths major to the third year level at university.
- You have taught Maths at the intermediate school level (Grade 8 - 12 experience).
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge or IEB curriculum objectives ideal.
- SACE registered.
- Ability to lead a classroom independently.
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student.
- You have an understanding of and passion for enquiry based, student-centered learning.
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach.
- You are a team player and you enjoy group problem solving.
- You are adept at using technology for instruction.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Locations:Gurgaon (India)
- Closing Date:12th Mar 2022, 6:00 pm