Nova Pioneer Boksburg is looking for a superstar Afrikaans teacher to teach in their Primary School starting in 2022! This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic teacher to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
We are looking for amazing Resident Afrikaans teacher to teach Afrikaans to grades R to grade 4. Second language teachers lead instruction of their language across multiple grades and classrooms and are responsible for driving a rigorous, enquiry-based learning environment the Nova Pioneer way.
Resident teachers are supported by Deans of Instruction who partner with them in their growth journey - Observing lessons, providing feedback and coaching. Resident teachers support and mentor apprentice teachers. See below to learn more about the teaching model at Nova Pioneer.
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
What You Will Do
- Work closely with learning designers to design impactful lessons.
- Deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery.
- Observe, coach and be a model teacher for Apprentices teachers.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly.
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with Deans and learning designers to enhance teaching practices.
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organization wide learning and reflection.
- Communicate regularly with parents through e-mail, telephone and parent-teacher conferences.
- Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity in the course of a term.
- Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfil supervision duties as assigned including some morning, evening and weekend events.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Bachelor’s Degree & Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) with a focus in Foundation Phase.
- SACE registered.
- Must have majored in school OR have experience in teaching Afrikaans as a first or second language.
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading and writing in the language of instruction (Afrikaans).
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge curriculum objectives would be an advantage.
- Ability to lead a classroom independently.
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student.
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach.
- You have an understanding of and passion for enquiry based, student-centered learning.
- You are a team player and you enjoy group problem solving.
- You are adept at using technology for instruction.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Locations:Gurgaon (India)
- Closing Date:25th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm