Nova Pioneer Ormonde is looking for a superstar Afrikaans teacher to teach in their Primary School! This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic teacher to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About the Role:
We are looking for amazing Resident teacher to teach Afrikaans to grades R to grade 6. Second language teachers lead instruction of their language across multiple grades and classrooms and are responsible for driving a rigorous, enquiry-based learning environment the Nova Pioneer way. Resident teachers are supported by Deans of Instruction who partner with them in their growth journey - Observing lessons, providing feedback and coaching. Resident teachers support and mentor apprentice teachers. See below to learn more about the teaching model at Nova Pioneer.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with learning designers to design impactful lessons.
- Deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery.
- Observe, coach and be a model teacher for Apprentices teachers.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly.
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with Deans and learning designers to enhance teaching practices.
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organisation wide learning and reflection.
- Communicate regularly with parents through e-mail, telephone and parent-teacher conferences.
- Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity in the course of a term.
- Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfil supervision duties as assigned including some morning, evening and weekend events.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Bachelor’s Degree & Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) - With a focus in Foundation Phase.
- SACE registered.
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading and writing in the language of instruction (Afrikaans).
- Must have majored in school OR have experience in teaching Afrikaans as a first or second language.
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge curriculum objectives would be an advantage.
- Ability to lead a classroom independently.
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student.
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach.
- You have an understanding of and passion for enquiry based, student-centered learning.
- You are a team player and you enjoy group problem solving.
- You are adept at using technology for instruction.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:15th Jan 2022, 6:00 pm