Nova Pioneer is growing fast, with our second High School in Midrand and our current one in Ormonde; We're looking for superstar teachers across a range of subjects to fill out our growing Secondary Schools!
Nova Pioneer will be looking for amazing Intermediate School Resident Teachers to teach secondary school grades 8-12. This is an exciting opportunity for dynamic teachers to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
If you are an Intermediate Phase subject specialist for the following subjects; Afrikaans, Setswana, Mathematics, Science, or English. Please apply now for to be considered for a future opportunity!
What You Will Do
- Work closely with learning designers to design impactful lessons.
- Deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery.
- Observe, coach and be a model teacher for Apprentice teachers.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly.
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with Deans and learning designers to enhance teaching practices.
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organization wide learning and reflection.
- Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfil supervision duties as assigned including some morning, evening and weekend events.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Bachelor’s Degree & Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) - Specializing in Intermediate Phase.
- SACE registered.
- Professional teaching experience and curriculum knowledge in the subject listed above.
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge curriculum objectives would be an advantage.
- Ability to lead a classroom independently.
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student.
- You have an understanding of and passion for enquiry based, student-centered learning.
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach.
- You are a team player and you enjoy group problem solving.
- You are adept at using technology for instruction.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:25th Jun 2022, 6:00 pm