Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Setswana teacher to teach at our school in South Africa in 2022! This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic teacher to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About the Role:
Resident Teachers lead instruction and planning for subject- or grade-level classrooms and are responsible for driving a rigorous, enquiry-based learning environment the Nova Pioneer way. Resident Teachers are supported by Deans of Instruction who partner with them in their growth journey - Working full-time to empower teachers’ development by observing lessons and providing consistent feedback and coaching. Resident Teachers also support and mentor Apprentice Teachers. See below to learn more about the teaching model at Nova Pioneer.
What You Will Do
- Design and deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery.
- Observe, coach and be a model teacher for Apprentice Teachers.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly.
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with Deans and learning designers to enhance teaching practices.
- Meet at least twice a term with the Learning Design team to discuss curriculum.
- Be capable of designing their own creative and impactful lessons based on the Nova Pioneer learning model.
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organization wide learning and reflection.
- Communicate regularly with parents through e-mail, telephone and parent-teacher conferences.
- Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity in the course of a term.
- Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfill supervision duties as assigned, including some morning, evening and weekend events.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Education (B.Ed) or Bachelor’s Degree & Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) - Preferably with Setswana as a major teaching subject or as a First Language.
- SACE registered (Kindly provide registration number and certificate in application.
- Experience in teaching Setswana.
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge curriculum objectives would be an advantage.
- Must have over 2 years' experience teaching Setswana in a professional classroom setting (practicals included).
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:15th Jan 2022, 6:00 pm