Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar Language Substitute Teachers who specialise in Afrikaans, Setswana, isiZulu or English to teach in our Nova Pioneer Schools. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic teachers to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
We are looking for Substitute Teachers to teach Primary School depending on the need at the time. Teachers lead instruction and planning for subject- or grade-level classrooms and are responsible for driving a rigorous, enquiry-based learning environment the Nova Pioneer way.
Teachers are supported by Deans of Instruction who partner with them in their growth journey - Working full-time to empower teachers’ development by observing lessons and providing consistent feedback and coaching. Teachers also support and mentor Apprentice Teachers. See below to learn more about the teaching model at Nova Pioneer.
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
What You Will Do
- Work closely with learning designers to design impactful lessons.
- Deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly.
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with Deans and learning designers to enhance teaching practices.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Education (B.Ed) or Bachelor’s Degree & Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
SACE registered (Kindly provide registration number and certificate in application or your application cannot be processed).
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge curriculum objectives would be an advantage.
- Ability to lead a classroom independently, with experience in a classroom (practicals included).
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student.
- You have an understanding of and passion for enquiry based, student-centered learning.
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach.
- You are deeply committed to your development as a teacher and welcome constructive feedback, translating feedback into improvements and innovations in your approach and in your classroom.
- You are able to work within a team-based environment and collaborate with other resident teachers, apprentice teachers and deans.
- You communicate openly and effectively with your colleagues.
- You are adept at using technology for instruction.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Locations:Gauteng (South Africa)
- Closing Date:25th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm