Nova Pioneer is looking for Student Teachers to help support short term cover in our Pre-Primary and Primary School (grades 000 - 6) at our schools in South Africa.
This is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring teacher who is currently studying their 4th year BEd qualification or completing their PGCE to learn from a team that is deeply committed to the development of our people and our children.
You will partner with your Resident Teacher to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
What You Will Do
- Help and support Resident teachers to deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Work collaboratively with the resident teacher to conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly.
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organization wide learning and reflection.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Education OR a Bachelor’s Degree & Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
- You are not a qualified teacher in the year 2021.
- You are specializing in either ECD (Grades 000-00), Foundation phase (Grades R-3) or Intermediate phase (Grade 4-7).
- You are provisionally SACE registered.
- If you teach specialist subjects such as Science, History, IsiZulu etc. in grades 4 to 6, you should have done the relevant specialist subject in university or have a deep understanding of the subject.
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student.
- You have an understanding of and passion for enquiry based, student-centered learning.
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach.
- You are deeply committed to your development as a teacher and welcome constructive feedback, translating feedback into improvements and innovations in your approach and in your classroom.
- You are able to work within a team-based environment and collaborate with other resident teachers, apprentice teachers and deans.
- You communicate openly and effectively with your colleagues.
- You are adept at using technology for instruction.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:24th Jan 2022, 6:00 pm