Nova Pioneer is looking for Student Teachers to help support short term cover in our Pre-Primary and Primary School (grades 000 - 6) at our schools in South Africa. This is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring teacher who is currently studying their 4th year BEd qualification or completing their PGCE to learn from a team that is deeply committed to the development of our people and our children.
You will partner with your Resident Teacher to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
What You Will Do
- Help and support Resident teachers to deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Work collaboratively with the resident teacher to conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly.
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organization wide learning and reflection.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Education OR a Bachelor’s Degree & Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
- You are not a qualified teacher in the year 2021.
- You are specializing in either ECD (Grades 000-00), Foundation phase (Grades R-3) or Intermediate phase (Grade 4-7).
- You are provisionally SACE registered.
- If you teach specialist subjects such as Science, History, IsiZulu etc. in grades 4 to 6, you should have done the relevant specialist subject in university or have a deep understanding of the subject.
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student.
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach.
- You are deeply committed to your development as a teacher and welcome constructive feedback, translating feedback into improvements and innovations in your approach and in your classroom.
- You are able to work within a team-based environment and collaborate with other resident teachers, apprentice teachers and deans.
- You communicate openly and effectively with your colleagues.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:30th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm