Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar ECD, Foundation and Intermediate phase Substitute Teachers who specialise in various subjects to teach in our Primary School based in Paulshof to work with us in 2021. These are exciting opportunities for a dynamic teachers to empower students using and learn an enquiry-based learning approach and to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
We are looking for Substitute Teachers to teach Primary School at our Nova Pioneer schools. Teachers lead instruction and planning for subject- or grade-level classrooms and are responsible for driving a rigorous, enquiry-based learning environment the Nova Pioneer way.
Teachers are supported by Deans of Instruction who partner with them in their growth journey - To empower teachers’ development by observing lessons and providing consistent feedback and coaching. Teachers also support and mentor Apprentice Teachers. See below to learn more about the teaching model at Nova Pioneer.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with learning designers to design impactful lessons.
- Deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly.
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with Deans and learning designers to enhance teaching practices.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Education (B.Ed) or Bachelor’s Degree & Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) - Specializing in either ECD, Foundation or Intermediate phase.
- SACE registered (Kindly provide registration number and certificate in application or your application cannot be processed).
- You have a Police Clearance / Criminal Check no older than 6 months.
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge curriculum objectives would be an advantage.
- Ability to lead a classroom independently, with experience in a classroom (practicals included).
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Pretoria (South Africa)
- Closing Date:24th Jan 2022, 6:00 pm