To assist the different divisions with day to day activities and through the exposure gain an overview of, insight into, exposure to and experience in the overarching function of the Medical Affairs Department.
What You Will Do
- Understand the evolving role of Medical and Medical Affairs in Pharma.
- Be competent in using the P3 system and uploading medical events for approvals.
- Be exposed to the different Therapeutic Areas covered by NVS South Africa.
- Be competent at ensuring all required documents are in order for grants, events and sponsorships.
- Be able to assist with GEMs when required.
- Be comfortable with using the various digital tools that are available, as well as supporting the Medical Affairs team in rolling out selected digital initiatives (applications, webcasts etc.) under close supervision.
- Perform literature searches on designated topics and assist with preparation of various medical documents including dossiers, slide deck, medical queries etc. as part of development.
- Shadow and assist medical associates in daily work requirements.
- Get a solid understanding of the role of the one Medical team at Novartis.
- Assist with any other initiatives that may arise from time to time.
Required Skills and Abilities
- MBChB, BPharm, or other post-graduate degree in Health/Life Sciences field.
- Masters/Doctoral level degree preferred (MSc, PharmD, PhD, MD).
- Strong scientific acumen, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Must be able to adapt, organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a matrix-environment as part of a multifunctional brand team as well as in a constantly changing environment.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the drug development life-cycle an advantage.
- An understanding of internal/external ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong personal integrity, teamwork abilities, and customer focus are necessary.
- Project management skills and high drive to execute scientific activities timeously to achieve Medical Affairs objectives.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Administration, Business and Commerce, Health, Pharmacy...
Gauteng (South Africa)
- Closing Date:18th Dec 2021, 6:00 pm