Here at OCBC, we are committed to helping you take your first step towards a successful career in the financial services industry. Whether you’re looking to complete your compulsory industry attachment or keen on learning the ropes in the banking operations while on a semester break, we welcome you to join us.
Macroeconomic Research sits within Global Treasury and advises both the Bank’s internal and external stakeholders on developments in the global economy and financial markets, The team value-adds to the organisation by offering impartial and original insights to economic developments on a timely basis. This role gives the successful candidate exposure to both technical and inter-personal skills as well as an opportunity to learn about other functions on the bank's trading floor.
What you will do
- Analysing market and economic data
- Assisting the economist team in writing internal and external research publications
- Maintaining financial models and spreadsheets
- Collating and compiling individual economist’s forecasts; sending out reports; data and report formatting before dissemination.
- Data mining from multiple sources, including Bloomberg, CEIC and other official/private sources of database.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Good MS Excel spreadsheet and modelling skills
- Background in Economics (preferred) or Finance
- Genuine interest in financial markets
- Must be able to commit to at least 6 months on full time basis
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent written, reading and verbal English skills.
- Self management to work unsupervised to complete tasks as required.
- Pro-actively contribute to team activities
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Economics
- Closing Date:28th May 2022, 3:59 pm