Let your career shine at OCBC - Our greatest pride is seeing our people succeed. A career is a journey to enjoy and to achieve great things. Fun mixed with drive and passion is an unstoppable combination.
At OCBC, we recognize your drive, passion and talent. We will bring out the best in you and empower you to excel. Fulfil your life goals and career ambitions with us.
Think change. Think future - Be it as a student or fresh graduate, the first step in your career is one of life’s important milestones. At OCBC Bank, we see your ambition to make a difference and recognize your drive to succeed - Let us bring out the best in you.
What You Will Do
Credit Research sits within Global Treasury and advises the Bank’s clients as well as sales and trading personnel, helping them to stay one step ahead of the market. Their impartial intelligence and independent research are key to shaping sales and trading strategies for clients and for our business.
Although joining as an intern, you will effectively operate as the 5th member of the team providing you with real world practical work experience and responsibilities including:
- Analyzing market and economic data.
- Contributing to and writing internal and external research publications.
- Maintaining financial models and spreadsheets.
- Collecting and compiling data on both industries and companies.
- Attending external events including investor meetings and industry conferences.
This role gives the successful candidate exposure to both technical (Credit Research/Investment) and inter-personal (team and individual work situations) skills as well as an opportunity to learn about other functions on the bank's trading floor. Past interns have gone onto secure positions in credit rating agencies and professional investment managers.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing a Degree in Accountancy or Banking & Finance.
- Good MS Excel spreadsheet and familiarity with financial statements.
- Background in Accountancy (preferred) or strong background in Finance or Financial Accounting.
- Strong excel/word knowledge.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and programming skills is a plus.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance
- Closing Date:14th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm