Let your career shine at OCBC - Our greatest pride is seeing our people succeed. A career is a journey to enjoy and to achieve great things. Fun mixed with drive and passion is an unstoppable combination.
At OCBC, we recognise your drive, passion and talent. We will bring out the best in you and empower you to excel. Fulfil your life goals and career ambitions with us.
Think change. Think future - Be it as a student or fresh graduate, the first step in your career is one of life’s important milestones. At OCBC Bank, we see your ambition to make a difference and recognize your drive to succeed. Let us bring out the best in you.
SGUnited Traineeships Programme:
Fresh out from school and thinking about how you can gain valuable industry-relevant experience? With SGUnited Traineeships, new and recent graduates can join approved host companies to develop skills professionally and receive a training allowance.
At Global Corporate Banking, we serve a diverse group of domestic and multinational corporations across a range of industries including government agencies, real estate, utilities, infrastructure, healthcare, technology, transportation, commodities and energy amongst others. We have dedicated relationship managers in offices across the world who provide comprehensive and personalized coverage to our clients through deep understanding of their activities and needs.
We are looking for a go-getter to build upon our many years of successes with the use of advanced analytics and technology to prepare ourselves for the digital age. The customer experience is being redefined as data and technology is being put to deliver a frictionless, fast and consistent service model.
The Digital & Transformation team will focus on developing capabilities to maintain Global Corporate Banking’s competitive edge and relevance. We have a strong preference for bankers who excel at strategizing and implementing solutions that challenge the status quo and create what our clients will need tomorrow.
What You Will Do
Support the Digital & Transformation Office in the following responsibilities:
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Collaborate with IT, data analytics and product development teams.
- Automate the presentation of data to stakeholders.
The trainee will be able to:
- Develop a sound understanding of the processes, business model and competitive landscape of corporate and transaction banking areas of the financial services sector.
- Gain hands-on experience in driving the digital transformation agenda of corporate banking.
- Build up deep knowledge of the latest trends and technology being deployed and used in the financial services sector.
- Gain hands-on experience in writing codes and programmes in an enterprise environment to automate and streamline processes and build tools for business applications.
- Acquire the skillsets to work with big data, including extraction, layering, transforming, filtering and analyzing data to arrive at actionable insights.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BS/MSc in Computer Science/Engineering, Math or related field or equivalent experience.
- A self-starter who is not intimidated by navigating in an ambiguous environment and can use incomplete data to generate insightful analysis.
- Experience working with analytical and automation tools such as Python, Numpy, Pandas or equivalent.
- Exposure to telling stories using large and unstructured datasets.
- Strong interest and good knowledge of Corporate & Transaction Banking.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to craft out and deliver clear messaging to business partners and influence cross-functionally.
- Strong results driven personality with an innovative spirit.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics
- Closing Date:26th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm