Let your career shine at OCBC - Our greatest pride is seeing our people succeed. A career is a journey to enjoy and to achieve great things. Fun mixed with drive and passion is an unstoppable combination.
At OCBC, we recognize your drive, passion and talent. We will bring out the best in you and empower you to excel. Fulfil your life goals and career ambitions with us.
Think change. Think future - Be it as a student or fresh graduate, the first step in your career is one of life’s important milestones. At OCBC Bank, we see your ambition to make a difference and recognize your drive to succeed. Let us bring out the best in you.
SGUnited Traineeships Programme:
Fresh out from school and thinking about how you can gain valuable industry-relevant experience? With SGUnited Traineeships, new and recent graduates can join approved host companies to develop skills professionally and receive a training allowance.
This position reports to the Sourcing Lead and interfaces with various stakeholders within OCBC O&T and other BUs within OCBC Limited for procurement related activities such as RFXs, Vendor Selection, Contract Negotiation and Review.
The Procurement Executive is responsible for supporting Oracle eprocurement system implementation and sourcing of products and services. They will work closely with internal stakeholders within Procurement, Finance, Risk, IT and Non-IT departments, as well as external vendors to deliver the desired outcome - 1) Successful implementation of system and 2) Products and services contracted timely, at the right price and right quality for the Bank.
What You Will Do
- Support experienced staff in e-procurement implementation project - Key responsibilities - Coordinate meetings and workshops; Structure, collate and validate data for migration to new system; Coordinate and conduct UAT testing; Compare and map existing and to-be process/workflows.
- Provide level 1 basic support on e-procurement application to internal users after it is implemented.
- Provide enhancements to the e-procurement application on Oracle cloud.
- Support Sourcing Manager(s) in preparation of RFX including - Update of requirements, collate historical purchase data, Research on product/service sourced for and vendors, coordinate vendor evaluation with internal evaluators and external vendors, Recommend and prepare recommendations, Archival of documentations.
- Support Sourcing Manager(s) in review of quotations and contracts with internal stakeholders, Legal department and vendors.
- Support reporting activities within the Department such as monthly dashboard and cost savings reporting.
- Gain experience in implementation and management of an e-procurement system.
- Gain experience in working in a diverse project team across countries, within and outside the Bank.
- Learn how to source, select and negotiate with vendors.
- Gain an understanding of the laws and regulations, when working with external vendors in the Banking industry.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Possess data analytics experience (Preference will be given to candidates who are able to provide evidence of and present one project they had completed).
- Pays attention to details without losing sight of big picture.
- Self-starter and resourceful.
- Possess good time management and work organization skills.
- Able to adapt to constant changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to articulate thought process clearly.
- Possess strong verbal and written communications.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
This position is open for both recent graduates and mid-career individuals. Graduates interested in this position should preferably possess at least a degree. Mid-career individuals from any qualification level can apply.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:28th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm