Let your career shine at OCBC - Our greatest pride is seeing our people succeed. A career is a journey to enjoy and to achieve great things. Fun mixed with drive and passion is an unstoppable combination.
At OCBC, we recognize your drive, passion and talent. We will bring out the best in you and empower you to excel. Fulfil your life goals and career ambitions with us.
Think change. Think future - Be it as a student or fresh graduate, the first step in your career is one of life’s important milestones. At OCBC Bank, we see your ambition to make a difference and recognize your drive to succeed. Let us bring out the best in you.
SGUnited Traineeships Programme:
Fresh out from school and thinking about how you can gain valuable industry-relevant experience? With SGUnited Traineeships, new and recent graduates can join approved host companies to develop skills professionally and receive a training allowance.
This position reports to the team lead of the collateral management team and requires interaction within the team as well as colleagues from upstream & downstream departments.
Supports the day-to-day conduct of treasury Collateral Management processing, including but not limited to margin calls, settlement and reconciliation activities. Assists in preparing treasury reporting for external and internal reporting needs. Performs reconciliations and carries out operational activities in compliance with relevant organization policies. May be required to support trades from other OCBC overseas branches and hence, required to work on weekends and public holidays.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for collateral calls / recalls relating to Credit Support Annex and Global Master Repurchase Agreement.
- Ensure timely and accurate payments/receipts of cash.
- Investigates collateral disputes/ discrepancies and ensure that such disputes/ discrepancies are promptly resolved.
- Ensure all collateral calls to counterparties are made within Notification Time.
- Perform portfolio reconciliation as well as investigate and resolve disputes.
- Provide assistance to Legal in the review of collateral agreements during negotiation phase.
- Manage the set-up of new collateral agreements and accounts.
- Ensure escalation process and management reporting in place.
- Attend to internal and external customers' queries.
- Ensure compliance to Department and Bank’s operational risk and regulatory requirements.
- Drives process improvement and system automation.
- Gain basic understanding of various types of treasury products and its trade lifecycle.
- Learn and understand the importance of collateral management function and the role it plays.
- Gain basic appreciation of the various banking regulations and compliance surrounding Operations, particularly collateral management.
- Develop problem solving skills, especially in the handling of exceptional operational situations.
- Develop skills to manage different stakeholders in order to complete assigned tasks.
- Develop time management skills and better resiliency to complete assigned tasks under time constraints.
Required Skills and Abilities
This position is open for both recent graduates and mid-career individuals. Graduates interested in this position should preferably possess at least a degree. Mid-career individuals from any qualification level can apply.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Operations
- Closing Date:28th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm