Let your career shine at OCBC - Our greatest pride is seeing our people succeed. A career is a journey to enjoy and to achieve great things. Fun mixed with drive and passion is an unstoppable combination.
At OCBC, we recognise your drive, passion and talent. We will bring out the best in you and empower you to excel. Fulfil your life goals and career ambitions with us.
Think change. Think future - Be it as a student or fresh graduate, the first step in your career is one of life’s important milestones. At OCBC Bank, we see your ambition to make a difference and recognize your drive to succeed. Let us bring out the best in you.
SGUnited Traineeships Programme:
Fresh out from school and thinking about how you can gain valuable industry-relevant experience? With SGUnited Traineeships, new and recent graduates can join approved host companies to develop skills professionally and receive a training allowance.
At Wholesale Corporate Marketing (WCM), we serve a diverse group of domestic and multinational corporations across a range of industries including government agencies, real estate, utilities, infrastructure, healthcare, technology, transportation, commodities, and energy amongst others. Our relationship managers provide comprehensive and personalized coverage to our clients through deep understanding of their activities and needs.
You will be working alongside relationship managers to service the client's businesses with the full range of financial products and services, including cross-selling capital markets, corporate finance, treasury, cash management and trade finance products.
This is a great opportunity and platform for you to experience the corporate banking industry from end-to-end and truly learn our business at OCBC.
What You Will Do
- Prepare credit propositions and credit reviews.
- Cashflow projection and analysis.
- Assist to generate revenue from existing and new relationships.
- Assist to service clients with the full range of financial products and services, including cross-selling capital markets, corporate finance, treasury, cash management and trade finance products.
- Possible ad-hoc projects, e.g., special research topics, customer events etc.
The trainee will be able to:
Gain an understanding of the corporate lending business and compliance principle within the industry:
- Trainee would be able to understand OCBC’s business on both a micro and macro level to learn about corporate banking.
Develop financial analysis skills:
- Trainee would be exposed to the usage of financial ratios and multiples to analyse businesses.
Learn to collect, extract, and interpret data according to defined requirements to obtain business insights:
- Trainee would be introduced with a breadth of banking software used by OCBC to engage in day-to-day tasks such as financial spreading.
Manage and engage stakeholders professionally, setting service standards and resolving issues in accordance with organizational procedures:
- Trainee would be working alongside RMs and be exposed to the dynamic industry and the importance of teamwork.
Develop on research and report writing skills:
- Trainee would have opportunities to conduct industry/market research to identify the trends and performance of a specific industry/market.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Finance, Accounting, Marketing and Economics courses are preferred, but open to other courses with business and finance knowledge.
- Prior corporate finance working experience will be advantageous.
- Basic computer skills like Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to read / write in Native Chinese would be an advantage.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics, Marketing...
- Closing Date:26th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm