This is the position within account management with the primary responsibility of overseeing the effective administration of a piece of business from all perspectives. The account executive is the linchpin of the account handling team and is relied upon to conduct the administrative side of an account with the minimum of fuss and maximum efficiency.
The account executive is also responsible for the prompt and accurate dissemination of information to all relevant departments within the agency. As a client-facing member of the agency team, the account executive is expected to show enthusiasm for the client’s business at all times and to show a desire to produce outstanding advertising.
In the light of all this, he/she should also endeavour to foster excellent relationships with the creative department and to create a stimulating atmosphere within which the best work can be developed. Once the account executive has mastered the administrative side of the job, he/she should look to develop the strategic and management skills expected of account managers.
What You Will Do
- Produces a regular status report on each of his/her accounts.
- Organises regular internal status meetings.
- Is responsible for organising client meeting and requirements thereof (e.g. booking rooms, catering, room layout, presentation aids, etc.).
- Records all client meetings accurately contact reports, distributed within 24 hours.
- Maintains a central filing system for documentation and tapes.
- Checks the quality of all work leaving the agency.
- Knows the workings of the agency outside the confines of account management.
- Assists the account manager in anticipating problems before they arise.
- Develops a reputation with clients and within the agency for total reliability. Answers all internal queries promptly – if you are unable to due to capacity/awaiting of relevant information, reply and give an estimated time of response.
- Shows enthusiasm for the client’s business.
- Regularly monitors competitive advertising and competitive product activity.
- Answers all client queries promptly – if you are unable to due to capacity at that moment, reply and give an estimated time of response.
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to produce outstanding advertising.
- Has well-formed ideas on what makes great advertising.
- Provides creative teams with necessary products stimulus to assist generation of top quality work.
- Works with creative teams to help produce the most relevant presentation materials for new work.
- Identifies opportunities when client needs more involvement/studio needs more insight before an issue arises.
- Makes an effort to watch competitive agency reels, and to read AdFocus and Marketing Mix.
- Is responsible for budget control of their account(s).
- Ensures that all WIP can be billed as soon as possible.
- Checks clients’ monthly statement and invoices, and writes the required covering explanatory letter.
- Chases client for payment of invoices and clears up invoice queries promptly.
- Assists the account manager in the production of all campaigns.
- Updates the traffic manager as soon as any changes happen to the status of a job.
- Reviews status of all jobs with traffic on a weekly basis.
- Starts jobs as soon as required.
- Regularly closes bags which are no longer live.
- Submits timing plans/estimates to client for approval.
- Gives clear indication of dates by which work is required. Any urgent requests will need to be discussed with the account manager and traffic manager before committing to client.
- Where possible, gives sufficient time for brief to be worked on to standard timings.
- Immediately informs client of revisions to timing plans/estimates, supplying and gaining approval of supplementary estimates where necessary.
- Gains approval of print advertising from concept through to final proof stage.
- Checks quality of all advertising produced on his/her account (e.g. checks spelling and grammatical accuracy of print advertising).
- Makes a contribution to the writing of insightful, single-minded briefs.
- In conjunction with the planner, oversees the production of stimulus material (mood boards, narrative tapes, etc.) for research.
- Makes an active contribution to the promotion of brand stewardship amongst clients.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Post graduate degree or national diploma, majoring in communication, marketing, advertising or other related business sciences.
- At least one year of account executive experience in an advertising agency.
- Financial and budget control ability.
- Digital experience.
- Marketing knowledge and experience.
- Outstanding people management skills.
- Committed team worker.
- Intellectual depth.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong service orientation.
- Integrity, energy and creativity.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Communications, Marketing and...
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:28th Feb 2019, 6:00 pm