This internship will support the roll-out of critical initiatives of the Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (CR&S) Global Function related primarily to livelihoods, nutrition and well-being of people in Olam’s workplaces (e.g. factories, farms) and supply chains (e.g. farming communities).
The intern will be responsible for supporting project implementation, including collaborating with business units in Asia, Africa and South America to understand and use project implementation tools; carrying out various types of data analyses; supporting field research and assessments; carrying out desk research; and preparing compelling project and research briefs.
What You Will Do
- Roll-out of various livelihood and well-being initiatives to priority worksites.
- Complete desk research and write briefs that succinctly summarize the content to inform Olam’s sustainability approaches in various settings to improve farmer livelihoods, community health, women’s empowerment, etc.
- Carry out data analysis and develop data insights for projects related to living income/wage, workplace health initiatives, food loss and waste, etc.
- Draft case studies of best practices within Olam and support communications
- These projects are not exhaustive and serve as examples of the initial tasks.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and consolidate into databases.
- Support the smooth functioning of the department as needed (e.g. preparing notes, reports, case studies, proposals, articles and website content based on data).
Required Skills and Abilities
- University degree in Economics, Agriculture, Public Health, Statistics or other relevant Social Sciences.
- A high degree of initiative, organization and autonomy, given that this internship will be completed remotely.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Working professional proficiency of French desirable.
- Mastery of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Solid knowledge of statistics and graphing software, such as SPSS, Stata, Tableau etc. considered a plus.
- Analytical mindset, ability to anticipate likely challenges and design around them.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Agriculture, Economics, Statistics
- Closing Date:23rd Oct 2021, 6:00 pm