PayPal is seeking an intern to work with us through HKMA’s Banking Talent Programme from Sep 2021– Feb 2022. Applications and eligibility criteria for this effort is managed exclusively through the Banking Talent Programme platform. This vacancy is not open to public or candidates not part of HKMA’s initiative at this time.
As a technology intern, you will work with a global technology and information security team invested in your growth and development, with a dual reporting line to our international leadership and the company’s Chief Architect.
You will be tasked with helping us to up level PayPal’s data handling processes to better address emerging requirements for data locality, privacy, and governance. You will identify existing and emerging trends and regulations around the world to document, develop, and implement patterns and best practices that meet our current and future business and compliance needs.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. If you are a team-player who wants to make a career in Technology or Information Security and gain real-world experience with a world-class team, please don't hesitate to apply.
In your time with PayPal, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on knowledge of what it takes to operate one of the world’s largest digital financial platforms and to create clear, timely, and well-researched artifacts that can inform and educate team members, senior management, and the public.
You will be based in Hong Kong and required to work closely with colleagues our headquarters in San Jose, and regional offices across Asia (China, India, Singapore, etc.). In the Hong Kong office, you will get a chance to interact with colleagues from different functions such as sales, account management, engineering, operations, corporate governance and risk and compliance.
What You Will Do
- Gaining an understanding of how PayPal uses data responsibility and its importance in offering safe, secure payment services to our customers.
- Evaluating and documenting differing standards and regulations concerning data handling, storage, and movement in jurisdictions around the world.
- Researching industry best practices for tools and technologies that can be used to improve PayPal’s data management and security capabilities.
- Developing POCs and pilot projects that will evaluate a specific technology’s applicability, performance, and scalability.
- Working with stakeholders across PayPal to develop new policies and processes to further safeguard customer and employee data and provide greater visibility and oversight into data operations.
- Presenting findings and conclusions to members of PayPal’s risk and compliance teams, leadership, or other internal or external stakeholders.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Students/Graduates majoring in computer science, computer engineering, information systems or related.
- Coursework should include computer science fundamentals, information security or governance, programming languages, and related technical studies.
- Experience with databases or encryption is a plus.
- Interest in law and policy related to technology is a plus.
- Strong English communication, particularly written English.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and an interest in deepening knowledge of information security principles.
- Demonstrated abilities to comprehend, discuss and apply concepts and theories within both overall Information Technology and Information Security / Governance fields.
- Strong analytical skills along with necessary communication skills to document processes and actions taken to complete each assignment.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:28th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm