We believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. Our One Team Behaviors demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
What you will do
As part of the International Markets Regional Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team and working closely with the International Markets regional Senior Management, you will develop your analytical and presentation skills while gaining a deep understanding of PayPal’s fast-growing business across the International Markets including dynamic high-growth markets such as China, India, Japan, Brazil, Mexico, Korea, SEA, LATAM, CEE and MEA.
This is a 6-month internship and the successful applicant will report to the Head of International Markets FP&A Manager. The position will be based in Singapore.
- Work with the International Markets FP&A team to deliver performance insight to the International Markets Senior Management team and Global FP&A team enabling optimal decision making.
- Support the regular finance reporting cycles (weekly, monthly, quarterly) to review weekly, monthly and quarterly business performance, quarterly targets and annual budget for the International Markets.
- Participate in the monthly Forecast and annual Budget processes.
- Help deliver monthly International Markets Operations review to PayPal CEO as well as Board presentations.
- Perform deep dive analysis to understand revenue trends; identify potential business opportunities/risks.
- Support other P&L areas (Headcount and Operating Expenses) for reporting and planning.
- Drive best practices and identify areas of improvement and make recommendations to optimize processes or analytics tools.
- Participate in specific ad-hoc projects at regional level.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled (3rd or Final year) or recently graduated from a leading Business, Economics, Accounting, Statistics or Engineering school/university.
- Have a strong interest and general knowledge of the Payments industry, Fintech companies and more broadly Internet/e-commerce.
- Previous experience gained as a FP&A analyst (or similar role) ideally in a fast growing, medium/large company environment within the eCommerce or financial services sectors.
- Previous experience in driving forecast and budget processes in a highly matrixed environment.
- Previous experience in building and challenging financial models.
- Comfortable with Financial and Analytical modelling.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office package (Excel and PowerPoint).
- Fluent in English.
- Curiosity; Like to play with numbers, solve problems and learn by doing.
- High attention to details and work in a clear, structured and organized way.
- Can multi-task and manage priorities and timeline to deliver and “get things done” in a fast-paced, dynamic and challenging environment.
- Feels accountable for his responsibilities.
- Team player and comfortable working in a multi-cultural office environment with colleagues and stakeholders spanning multiple time zones.
- Solid interpersonal, writing and communication skills to manage stakeholders and convey clear and relevant messages to decision makers.
- Familiarity with SQL, VBA or Essbase is a plus
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Economics, Engineering
- Closing Date:18th Apr 2020, 6:00 pm