We believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. Our One Team Behaviors demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal Research Singapore is looking for extraordinary research scientist intern based in Singapore. Research scientists will have the opportunity to build new advanced capabilities and work on research problems to enhance customer and employee experience. Candidates should have a strong background in one or more of the following fields in AI: deep learning, graph mining, knowledge graph, ontology, natural language processing, computer vision, speech biometrics, etc.
What You Will Do
- Develop new capabilities through ambitious, long-term research.
- Develop innovative solutions for real-world, large scale problems to enhance customer & employee experience.
- Collaborate effectively with cross functional teams different geographical locations to ensure fruition of projects.
- Create new application ideas and show its proof of concept to evaluators through rapid prototyping.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Postgraduate/PhD degree in computer science, artificial intelligence, or related technical field.
- Prior experience in one or more of the following fields in AI: deep learning, graph mining, knowledge graph, ontology, natural language processing, computer vision, speech biometrics, etc.
- Proficient in fundamental technical skills (Programming language like Java/Python/R; database language like SQL;
- Experienced in working with Hadoop, Map-Reduce, Hive, Pig)
- Experience with one or more deep learning libraries and platforms (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc).
- Strong publication record at top-tier AI conferences or journals is a plus
- Full time industry experience in AI research or product developments is a plus
- Experience in working on AI projects (e.g. commercial or government-funded projects) is a plus.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:10th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm