At PayPal, we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
At PayPal, we leverage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to improve customer and employee experience, prevent fraud and provide a secure platform to perform transactions.
PayPal Research team in Singapore is focused on building advanced AI capabilities in the longer term but yet take an opportunistic approach to be able to apply some research to create business impact.
PayPal Research Singapore is looking for extraordinary research scientist based in Singapore. Research scientists will have the opportunity to build new advanced capabilities and work on research problems to enhance customer and employee experience.
What You Will Do
- Develop new capabilities through ambitious, long-term research.
- Develop innovative solutions for real-world, large scale problems to enhance customer & employee experience.
- Collaborate effectively with cross functional teams different geographical locations to ensure fruition of projects.
- Create new application ideas and show its proof of concept to evaluators through rapid prototyping.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Postgraduate/PhD degree in computer science, artificial intelligence, or related technical field.
- Prior experience in one or more of the following fields in AI: deep learning, graph mining, knowledge graph, ontology, natural language processing, computer vision, speech biometrics, etc.
- Proficient in fundamental technical skills (Programming language like Java/Python/R; database language like SQL.
- Experienced in working with Hadoop, Map-Reduce, Hive, Pig).
- Experience with one or more deep learning libraries and platforms (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.).
- Strong publication record at top-tier AI conferences or journals is a plus.
- Full time industry experience in AI research or product developments is a plus.
- Experience in managing AI projects (e.g. commercial or government-funded projects) is a plus.
Candidates should have a strong background in one or more of the following fields in AI: deep learning, graph mining, knowledge graph, ontology, natural language processing, computer vision, speech biometrics, etc.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Information Technology
- Closing Date:12th Jul 2022, 6:00 pm