To be successful, Accounting Control members need to leverage knowledge about the business, utilize and continually develop accounting skills, and build professional relationships. Associates will gain a foundation of these functional and organizational skills through diverse critical experiences as they rotate through different functional areas over the course of their career. Because the internship program is a critical feeder of future leadership, interns are expected to develop exceptional technical, financial and business skills required of the company’s rising stars.
Accounting Control is comprised of several divisions in the following key functional areas: Financial Reporting, Field Operations, Trade Spend, Supply Chain, and Foodservice Control. These divisions partner with the other teams to understand the PepsiCo results and ensure proper accounting in accordance with PepsiCo policies and US GAAP. We perform control activities, such as general ledger reviews, P&L, cash flows, balance sheet reviews, and other required reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
What You Will Do
- A summer internship in Accounting Control at PepsiCo is an opportunity to learn the multiple facets of our beverages business and related accounting issues.
- The program provides intensive job assignments – as each intern will be assigned a project to solve that will require interactions with each of the functional areas discussed above.
- Additionally, the program is led by experienced accounting professionals and mentors who are committed to developing world-class financial leaders for exciting careers.
- As a class, Accounting Control interns are availed of best-in-class exposure to experienced leadership, education on the myriad pieces of the global PepsiCo organization, and opportunities to build relationships with fellow interns across functions.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Accounting (other related majors will be considered).
- Minimum 3.2 GPA.
- Involvement in a minimum of one extracurricular activity.
- Strong ability to synthesize data, summarize information, and solve problems.
- Bright, self-starting, innovative thinkers who are passionate about what they do.
- Candidates should be able to balance a bias for leadership roles with an equal propensity for working collaboratively within teams.
- Candidate should have strong leadership experience, and an interest in consumer packaged goods.
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point, and key accounting system (Oracle or SAP) knowledge a plus.
- Job type:Internships
Chicago (United States...
- Closing Date:30th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm