As a R&D Associate Scientist with PepsiCo, you will have unique opportunities to increase technical knowledge by participating in the development of a diverse portfolio of beverage and snack product categories.
The teams translate strategic market objectives into new products and processes, optimize designs per consumer response and select winning ideas for commercialization. Scientists participate in leading the product development process including new idea generation, prototype development, product optimization and production start-up. Successful candidates thrive in an environment of fast-paced, consumer-driven product development.
What You Will Do
- Develop product formulations that leverages expertise in food chemistry and food ingredient functionality.
- Design and execute experiments, and analyze and interpret data to make sound technical recommendations on product and process.
- Provide technical risk assessment/perspectives related to new product development.
- Translate product attributes into formal specifications for manufacture.
- Investigate and apply new technology to provide a competitive advantage.
- Partner externally to source ingredients and leverage vendor expertise in ingredient functionality.
- Lead development for quality/product improvement and productivity initiatives.
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional business development teams comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Marketing, Finance, Purchasing, Engineering and many others.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or a related field.
- 0-2 years industry experience, recent graduates with strong internship experience encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to incorporate business needs into technical decisions.
- Ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments.
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks.
- Familiarity with data science preferred.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Willingness to travel.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
New York (United...
- Closing Date:20th Jul 2019, 6:00 pm